• Do you have trouble sleeping before exams?
• Do you often feel tired or unwell before exams?
• Do you find that exam stress affects your ability to concentrate?
• Do you wish you had more control over your emotions?
• Do you feel like you know the information on which you will be examined but you fear your mind going blank in exam conditions?
• Do you often feel irritable before exams?
• Do you worry about needing to go to the toilet during your exam?
• Do you often feel sick before exams?
• Do you often feel embarrassed at your reactions?
• Do you worry about other people’s negative judgement of you or things you do?
• Do you avoid academic courses for fear of exams?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
About exam nerves
Most people experience varying degrees of performance anxiety before exams.
Whilst moderate amount of exam nerves can help with focus and motivation, too much exam stress may cause the following symptoms:
• panic attacks
• impaired concentration and
all of which would prevent the sufferer from achieving their full potential in the exam, or in extreme cases may lead to total avoidance of exams.
Techniques that may be used in your therapy session
Sessions will be personally tailored to your individual circumstances and may include:
• Talking therapy
• Clinical Hypnosis / Traditional Hypnotherapy
• Relaxing visualisations
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Solution Focussed Therapy
• Desensitisation to triggers
• Autogenic Training
All of these techniques have proved to be very effective in achieving long-term change.
For those people suffering with exam stress, it is important to keep on top of their reactions by learning stress-reduction techniques such as Self-Hypnosis and Autogenic Training, taught free of charge to all interested clients. Practising these wonderful skills enables rapid long-lasting achievement of desired results.
Take the first step
If you’ve reached this page, it’s likely that you’re ready to address these issues now – Call 07956 525 587.
By taking control of your exam stress now you can now find out how to build your confidence and prevent further regrets in the future.
It is natural for people who have not experienced talking therapy before to have questions about how it can help them. So that you can feel more comfortable, the first half hour of your initial consultation will be completely FREE OF CHARGE, with no obligation and in total confidence, allowing you to ask questions and ensure that this is the right solution for you.
Sessions for help with exam stress are held in London NW3 or N10.
NO-OBLIGATION CHATCall or email for a confidential, no-obligation chat.
Tel: 020 8444 9222 or
Mob: 07956 525 587