• Do you have a speech or presentation to deliver?
• Do you fear embarrassment in front of others?
• Do you experience heart palpitations, sweating, blushing, nausea, shaking or difficulty breathing when you have to speak in public or make a presentation?
• Do you experience panic attacks before presentations?
• Do you suffer from insomnia before a presentation?
• Do you worry about forgetting what you need to say?
• Do you tend to experience increasing stress in the run up to a presentation?
• Do you worry about losing control?
• Do you find yourself constantly monitoring your bodily symptoms when speaking in public?
• Do you feel that you miss opportunities as a result of your fear of public speaking?
• Do you avoid situations in which you will need to speak in front of others?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Imagine how much further you could go with more confidence.
About fear of public speaking
Many people experience varying degrees of anxiety before speaking publicly.
Fear of public speaking can often lead to avoidance of making presentations or at work speaking in front of large groups in other situations, and may often result in the sufferer missing out on great opportunities for promotion, networking or increasing their social circles.
Stress before making a presentation may also affect relationships with loved ones, and performance anxiety may prevent the realisation of dreams and future goals.
Whilst moderate amount of stress can help with focus and motivation, too much stress may cause symptoms of:
• panic attacks
• insomnia and
all of which would prevent the sufferer from getting their message across, or in some cases may lead to total avoidance of public speaking or presentations.
Techniques that may be used in your therapy session
Sessions will be personally tailored to your individual circumstances and may include:
• Talking therapy
• Clinical Hypnosis / Traditional Hypnotherapy
• Relaxing visualisations
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Solution Focussed Therapy
• Desensitisation to triggers
• Autogenic Training
All of these techniques have proved to be very effective in achieving long-term change and Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy is extremely effective in helping clients increase their confidence levels and, as its name suggests, works on emotions, beliefs and behaviour.
For those people suffering with a fear of public speaking, it is important to keep on top of their reactions by learning stress-reduction techniques such as Self-Hypnosis and Autogenic Training, taught free of charge to all interested clients. Practising these wonderful skills enables rapid long-lasting achievement of desired results.
Take the first step
If you’ve reached this page, it’s likely that you’re ready to address these issues now – Call 07956 525 587.
By taking control of your fear of public speaking now you can prevent further regrets in the future.
And as a wise man once said “You don’t have to be great in order to take the first step, but you have to take the first step in order to become great“.
It is natural for people who have not experienced talking therapy before to have questions about how it can help them. So that you can feel more comfortable, the first half hour of your initial consultation will be completely FREE OF CHARGE, with no obligation and in total confidence, allowing you to ask questions and ensure that this is the right solution for you.
Sessions for help with fear of public speaking are held in London NW3 or N10.
NO-OBLIGATION CHATCall or email for a confidential, no-obligation chat.
Tel: 020 8444 9222 or
Mob: 07956 525 587